Following on from the preliminary course The Ultimate Guide to Colour for Designers, this is the interior designer and decorator’s guide to understanding how colour impacts interior design. It will show you how you can use colour more effectively; whether your clients simply want to feel more at home and comfortable, to encourage and inspire specific activities, or to support employees and create an effective business environment.
Using a variety of practical and interactive exercises you will learn the therapeutic uses of colour for private and commercial interior spaces, how to identify the ‘colour personality’ of a commercial, institutional, or public interior and translate that into interior environments with more positive impact.
How you will benefit:
• Gain powerful insights into your client’s personality enabling you to get to the core of their needs and new ways to involve them in their design
• Design more effectively – speed up the process from brief to design implementation
• Acquire in-depth knowledge that increases professional confidence when creating and presenting design and colour palettes
• Improve your communication with a clear methodology and rationale that will allow you to deliver more persuasive proposals and secure more projects
*Please note, it will be necessary to have completed The Ultimate Guide to Colour for Designers preliminary course before joining.
There will be a combination of short lectures, visual illustration, interactive discussion, and active participation, by the end of which you will have some practical reference tools and guidance for creating interior colour schemes confidently. Additional notes are included as part of your course.
What we’ll cover:
• The 4 colour personality design styles
• Designing schemes using the colour wheel
• How different designers use colour
• How to use colour positively to influence mood and behaviour
• Applied colour psychology for commercial interior design