This course has been developed for those new to project management, it is designed specifically for new startups with a small team or as a sole trader, organisations that do not currently have project management software. It demystifies the terminology and structure of managing a project and gives the basic skills required.
The course will be a combination of lecture and discussion, with the minimal use of PowerPoint slides and will have a chat facility enabled on Zoom.
The objective is to give each of the students the key skills required when delivering a project on time, on budget and on quality. This course gives individuals the main steps in delivering a project either at work or in their private lives so is, therefore, a 'life skill' that can be transferred anywhere.
The 10 key points covered (2 for each module) will be:
1. What is the project? What we want and what we don't want
2. Objectives, destination and skillsets
3. Structure, timelines and risk
4. Stakeholder considerations
5. Monitoring and control (time, money and results) milestones
6. Acknowledgement reward and guidance
7. Communication to project team members (if any) and to stakeholders
8. Review meetings/updates
9. Project completion
10. Final review and lessons learnt
For the course, you will need a notebook and pen. The slides will be forwarded to you post-course.