When you have the title of manager it can be a lot easier to get support in achieving tasks because you have authority when it is your peers, colleagues, family or friends that you have to influence, it’s a different ball game, you cannot pull the ‘boss’ card so another more subtle approach is required.
This 90-minute course which is suitable for all ages and levels, teaches you a unique process, that although you may not get the positive outcomes you need in all cases, it shows the other person that you are prepared to compromise and support them, whilst also showing empathy of their situation and understanding of their needs.
Most importantly, if the answer is still 'NO' at the end of the process, you will fully understand ‘why’! rather than making the assumption that they are just being obstructive and potentially having negative thoughts about them, which can lead to a breakdown in relationships in both professional and private capacities.
Key takeaways from this course:
• Considering the mindset of others and the correct approach to adopt
• Preplanning for the ‘NO’ and profiling the potential support solutions to overcome that negative response
• The approach and initial verbal request (words, body language and tone considerations)
• Dealing with the ‘NO’! managing your body language and positive acknowledgement of the reason(s) for the No!
• Summarising and verbalising the challenges back
• Solution seeking process
• Recognising that their needs in this particular scenario are greater than yours
• Agreement or not (acknowledging their consideration) and thanking