Everything you need to know to plan your colour scheme like a pro!
Choosing colours for your home is one of the most enjoyable aspects of interior decorating. But with so much choice, where to start can be feel little confusing - even for experienced designers!
Kick-Starting with fun and effective techniques designed to help you to find your inspiration and get your creativity flowing, this course will show you everything you need to know about choosing colour and planning a stunning colour scheme for your home.
Find out how your personality influences your colour preferences and learn how to evaluate the colours that will work best in your room and for your interior decorating scheme. With plenty of useful top tips along the way, we’ll be looking at the different approaches you can use for planning your colour scheme as well as the different elements you need to take in to account when making decorating decisions.
No previous experience of design or decorating is necessary and additional notes are included as part of your course. There will be a combination of short lectures, visual illustration, interactive discussion and active participation, by the end of which you will have some practical tools and clear step-by-step guidance for confidently creating your own colour palette for your home decorating project.
Topics we’ll cover are:
• Finding inspiration for your colour palette
• Colour and your personality
• Assessing the light, space, shape, furniture & fixtures of your room
• Developing your colour palette
• Planning your colour scheme
• Decorating dilemmas - overcoming those troublesome details
• Should blue and green ever be seen? The do’s and don’ts of successful colour combinations
• Which paint brands to choose and why